Thursday 5 March 2015

Night Game



















Night Game is the 4th so far of the Night Shift Series focusing on
the two guards who we met in the first part just before they go onto
their shift.

Setting: A Soldier’s barracks.
Time: Not Revealed.
Two Soldiers are playing cards.

Soldier 1:

Deal

(PAUSE)

Soldier 1:

I feel lucky.

(PAUSE)

Soldier 1:

I can feel an Ace in there.

(NO ANSWER FROM SOLDIER 2)

Soldier 1:

And a king.


(PAUSE)

Soldier 1:

But I could be bluffing of course.
I may need a Queen.

(NO ANSWER FROM SOLDIER 2)


Soldier 1:

Or a Queen and a Jack.

(PAUSE)


Soldier 1:

But either way, I am going to
get a full bloody house. I can feel it.

(NO ANSWER FROM SOLDIER 2)

Soldier 1:

I can feel it in my bones.
I am going to whip your backside
From here to kingdom come,
Until you beg me to stop.

Soldier 2:

Well.

Soldier 1:

Well what?

Soldier 2:

What do you want to do
Or do you have any more of
That macho bullsh*t?


Soldier 1:

I’m allowed to build my hopes
Up. It’s not as if you weren’t
Like that the other week…


Soldier 2:

P*ss Off. I’m here to play cards
Not talk about my sex life.
Soldier 1:

I’m still going to kick your
backside.


Soldier 2:

We don’t have all night.

(PAUSE)

Soldier 2:

How many cards do you want
to swap?

Soldier 1:

Four.

Soldier 2:

Four?

Soldier 1:

Yes. Four

Soldier 2:

Four?

Soldier 1:

I’ve got a flush in there.

Soldier 2:

J*sus.




Soldier 1:

I’ve got as flush in there,
I can feel it. I can feel it
All the way to the
Captain’s quarters.


Soldier 2:

Well, don’t bloody
Broadcast it then
Otherwise you’ll have
Them queing all the way
Up to see how good
Your hand is.

Soldier 1:

I can if I want to.
I can open up the window
And shout it out
So the full of the barracks
Can hear us
And half of the prisoners.

Soldier 2:

And how do you think
His lordship would react to
That, dumbnu*s?

(PAUSE)

Soldier 2:

Exactly.

(PAUSE)

Soldier 2:

Now are you sure
You want 4 cards?

Soldier 1:

I’m going to wipe
You out with those cards.
You will not know you
Are born.

(NO ANSWER)

Soldier 2:

Are you drunk?

Soldier 1:

Of course, I’m not
Drunk. Do you think
I’d drink just before
We were due out on
Watch.

Soldier 2:

If I didn’t know better,
I would be convinced
You’ve been drinking
Double brandies again.

Soldier 1:

I’m not drunk.

Soldier 2:

I’ve never seen you
Play cards like this before.






No comments:

Post a Comment